Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Take Me Home, Country Roads

Nothing original today except whenever its time to make an yearly trip to India, I remember the song and lyrics of this signature song of John Denver and realize how true are the words of the song. Here are the few lines of the song which are quite close to me.

Next post will be: "Delhi Diaries".

Enjoy the lovely song and the lyrics.

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees,
Younger than the mountains, growing like a breeze.

Country roads, take me home,
To the place where I belong,
West Virginia, mountain mama.
Take me home, country roads.

I hear her voice, in the mornin' hours she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away.
Driving down the road I get a feeling
That I should have been home yesterday,
Yesterday.

Country roads, take me home,
To the place, I belong
West Virginia mountain mama,
Take me home, country roads

1 comment:

  1. Sweet...so sweet...John Denver at his best ;)

    ReplyDelete