Monday, April 26, 2010

Circle of Life

When I was young
my mother used to tell me
don't worry
everything will be all right.

I went for my job interview
and did not make through.
All they said was
don't worry
everything will be all right.

How I believed those words
till late in my life
thinking
that whenever they said
everything will be all right
It will be all right.

Today I walk back home
carrying my mother's report
I am thinking
how would I tell her
she has six more months.
And I reach home
All that I am able to say is
don't worry
everything will be all right.

3 comments:

  1. As I read through your lines
    time and again
    I, breathe in your pain
    Life is so simple
    yet so twisted
    We embrace an idea
    to find out it's rusted
    I still want to believe
    your mother is right
    Don't worry
    everything will be alright .

    ReplyDelete